The Program Coordinator is a unique position that is primarily responsible for specific projects or long term projects requiring relevant knowledge and expertise. Job site placement: Brier, Grimmer, or Cabrillo Elementary.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (This is a general description of duties and is not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate all aspects of a project
- Set up and maintain project files or computer databases as required
- Provide regular project updates including written reports to project leader in a timely manner
- May work independently or in a team environment depending on project requirements
- Provide expertise and support to project leader
- Enforce City policies and procedures
- Regular communication with school principals, teachers, and parents regarding student needs.
- May be required variable hours including evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
General supervision is provided by the Recreation Supervisor. Program Coordinator will provide general supervision of the Program Aides/Program Leads.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Relevant technical skill, education, experience or expertise
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relations and positive attitude toward others
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills, be resourceful, flexible and able to work both alone or as a team member
- Must be reliable and be able to provide transportation
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or stressful situations or information with tact, discretion and significant awareness of confidentiality
- Must effectively communicate with adults and children from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (11166.5 PC)
- Employees are required to be certified in Adult/Child CPR & First Aid from American Red Cross, American Heart Association or supervisor approved equivalent. Employees must be certified within 30 days of hire date or prior to the first day of work, whichever occurs earlier.
- Fingerprinting and TB test are required
- Must submit verification of legal right to work in the United States as a condition of employment
This temporary assignment does not include benefits.
Learn more at Fremont.gov/RecJobs. Visit Fremont.gov/RecApplication for an application.