The Waterpark Deck Crew provides custodial maintenance and supervision of the Waterpark before, during, and after Waterpark operations. Work hours may vary but will often be mornings, weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (This is a general description of duties and is not all-inclusive)
- Supervision of facility cleanliness
- Maintenance and cleaning of Waterpark restrooms, buildings, and structures.
- Power washing, and pool deck hosing
- Sweeping pool deck
- Trash pickup and changing of trash can liners, upkeep of trash receptacles
- Emptying and cleaning of pool skimmer baskets
- Light lifting and moving of equipment
- Prep Waterpark to open to the public, assist during operations, and complete closing duties
- Follow & Implement Department policy
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
The Waterpark Leads/Coordinators/Full-Time Staff at the Waterpark provide general supervision
- Must be least 15 years old. One year or one summer work or volunteer experience is preferred
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently and reliably complete assigned tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relations and positive attitude with others
- Must be comfortable in a team environment, and display good communication skills
- Ability to tactfully resolve guest/associate concerns
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or stressful situations or information with tact, discretion and significant awareness of confidentiality
- Must effectively communicate with adults and children from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (11166.5 PC)
- Employees are required to be certified in Adult/Child CPR & First Aid from American Red Cross, American Heart Association or supervisor approved equivalent. Employees must be certified within 30 days of hire date or prior to the first day of work, whichever occurs earlier.
- Fingerprinting and TB test are required
- Must submit verification of legal right to work in the United States as a condition of employment
This temporary assignment does not include benefits.
Learn more at Fremont.gov/RecJobs. Visit Fremont.gov/RecApplication for an application.