Pleasant Hill Police Department is recruiting Lateral Police Officers!Monthly Salary: $7,630 to $10,347, and up to $11,899 in incentives!
Are you interested in working for a department that receives strong support from the Community, Local Government and Administration? Do you want to work where you are appreciated internally and externally and where your work will make a difference? We are recruiting lateral officers who understand and are committed to community service and teamwork. We offer a very strong package of incentives. We value our officers and their contributions, strive to create a family environment, and require excellent service. If this is what you are looking for in an agency, please consider applying with us.
Contact Sgt. Brian Leonard at (925) 288-4644 or email@example.com for more information.
Applications are only accepted online at calopps.org and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Recruitment may close at any time. The most qualified applicants based on background and experience as evidenced by their application will be invited for an oral board interview, which is weighted 100%. To be placed on an eligibility list, an applicant must receive a passing score of 70 or more from each panel member.
A thorough background check, as well as a physical, including a drug screen, psychological evaluation, and polygraph exam will be conducted on the top candidates prior to appointment consideration. Failure to achieve a qualifying score on any portion of the examination process will eliminate a candidate from further consideration.
IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT
To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, all new employees are required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the United States on their first day of employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Pleasant Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), requests for special accommodations during any stage of the examination process should be made in advance to the Human Resources Department.
The City of Pleasant Hill offers a competitive compensation and benefits program.
- Salary: $7,630 to $10,347, per month and up to $11,899 in incentives!
- Incentive award bonus of up to $20,000 for Lateral hires: $5,000 upon employment; $5,000 upon successful completion of probation; and up to $10,000 upon successful completion of 5 years of service
- Special Duty Compensation: Professional Standards Sergeant (2.5%), Community Resource Officer and School Resource Officer (5%); Evidence/Forensics (2.5%), Detective (5%); Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) 2.5%, Canine Officer and Motorcycle Officer (special extra hourly rate)
- Educational Degree Incentive: Bachelor's Degree 5%, MA/MS Degree 7.5%
- POST Certification Incentive: Intermediate POST Certificate 1.25%, Advanced POST Certificate 2.5%
- Special Compensation: 5% Shift Differential Pay; Acting Pay rate included in Overtime Rate; Master Officer/ Corporal/Sergeant Program: 5% Pay Differential after achieving the Master Program criteria
- Uniform Allowance: $1,380 per year, adjusted annually per CPI
- Bilingual Pay: Paid in the amount of $75/month to qualified Association members
- Health/Medical Benefit: Choice of coverage with Kaiser or Blue Shield. Employees pay 20% of the medical premium on a pre-tax basis or may have $400/month redirected to deferred compensation in-lieu of coverage
- Dental & Vision Coverage: City paid coverage for employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: CalPERS enrollment 3% @ 55 (Classic); 2.7% at 57 (PEPRA New Member)
- Mission Square Deferred Compensation & Roth IRA Plans: Voluntary plans available to all employees
- Mission Square Retiree Health Savings (RHS) Plan: City contributes $100.45 per month
- Holidays: City recognizes 14 paid holidays per year
- Vacation: Earned at the rate of 12 days per year, increasing with service years; accrual rate for Lateral hires may include years of service at former agency
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of one day per month
- Life Insurance/Long Term Disability: Life and Long Term Disability are fully paid by the City
- Section 125 Plan: Dependent care and out-of-pocket medical costs may be paid on a pre-tax basis
- Educational Expense Reimbursement: Up to $500 reimbursement per semester or quarter for books, technology upgrades and tuition, and $2,000 per calendar year overall
- On Duty Exercise Program: 1 hour per shift