The City of Redwood City seeks a Landscape Maintenance Worker who will assist in the maintenance of parks and landscaped areas. Under supervision, the incumbent will operate a variety of landscape maintenance equipment and will perform the following duties:
- Perform a wide variety of general grounds and facility maintenance work including raking leaves, cleaning walkways, removing debris, cleaning restrooms, and related work.
- Water, weed, prune, renovate, and fertilize shrubs, trees, flowerbeds, and landscaped areas.
- Complete turf care including mowing, thatching, fertilizing, plugging, spraying, and installation of new turf areas with both seed and sod.
- Prepare soil and plant flowerbeds, shrubs, trees and landscape areas, including staking, fertilizing and other necessary procedures.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools and landscape maintenance equipment including a rotary gang mower tractor, rider mowers, tractors, trencher, sprayer, brush chipper and chainsaws.
- Move and install park and recreation equipment. Perform routine preventive maintenance on mowing equipment and hand and power tools used in the work.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The incumbent may be required to work on weekends.
This is a non-benefited casual position. A casual employee may not work more than 1000 hours per fiscal year.
Please click on the PDF link below to review the complete job announcement.