City of San Mateo
Department of Parks & Recreation
A POSITION IS OPEN FOR:
MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT I
This is a temporary part-time position: Approximately 20-40 hours per week depending on the needs of the department.
Position: Per Diem Maintenance Assistant I
Salary: $19.71 – $22.50 hourly (depending on experience)
Job Type: Part time (20-40 hours per week)
Location: Park Yard
2001 Pacific Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94403
Hours: Variable days, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Application: Application process is open until filled
THE POSITION: Under close supervision, perform unskilled manual and semi-skilled manual park maintenance work, and perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Cleaning restrooms, emptying garbage cans
- Removing weeds and trash from parks
- Assist in mowing, edging, pruning, fertilizing, and seeding
- Perform a wide variety of general grounds and facility maintenance work including raking leaves, cleaning walkways, removing debris, cleaning restrooms, and related work.
- Water, weed, prune, renovate, and landscaped areas.
- Turf care including mowing, thatching, fertilizing, plugging, and installation of new turf areas.
- Prepare soil and plant flowerbeds, shrubs, and landscape areas, including staking, fertilizing and other necessary procedures.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools and landscape maintenance equipment.
- Move and install park and recreation equipment.
- Assist in loading, transporting, and unloading equipment, materials, debris, and other heavy objects related to maintenance.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The incumbent should have the ability to read, write, and carry out oral and written directions, maintain cooperative work relationships, and operate various park maintenance equipment. Individuals must possess a valid California Driver’s License and a good driving record (recent DMV printout required). This is seasonal work which will include weekends and holidays depending on the needs of the department.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit an online City of San Mateo employment application at www.CalOpps.org.
Or submit an official City of San Mateo Employment Application to City of San Mateo Park Yard, 2001 Pacific Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94403.
Applications are available at City of San Mateo Human Resources Department, 330 W 20th Ave, San Mateo and the City of San Mateo Park Yard, 2001 Pacific Blvd, San Mateo.
All applications will be reviewed in detail and the most qualified applicants will be invited to interview. The most successful applicants will be hired pending all necessary paperwork, DMV, and work history check. On the first day of employment individuals will be required to provide documentation for proof of authorization to work in the United States.
Should you have questions regarding this position, please contact the Parks Division at (650) 522-7420 or email email@example.com
The City of San Mateo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, national origin, race, color, political affiliation, or disability.